Saturday, December 5, 2009

When your computer doesn't cooperate...

Here I am a week left of school, thinking I have everything under control. I have four papers due (including one 40 pg curriculum) and two presentations to make. This is doable.

On the technology end of things, however, I am a little stressed. I have to burn a DVD with footage of me teaching a class, which I've uploaded onto my computer already so shouldn't be a big deal, right? Well, my computer doesn't want to cooperate. It tells me it's burning the DVD, it gets almost all the way through 'burning' the DVD, and then the computer either shuts down completely or the DVD is ejected without notice or explanation. At times like these I REALLY wish I was more computer literate. I wish I could look inside my computer and find out what was wrong, and fix it. But I can't. So I'll have to go to the computer lab to burn the DVD. Not the worst thing in the world.

But then there's also the assignments for this class I still need to finish, most notably the flash animation. I uploaded the software, no problem. But then my computer won't open it. There is an 'error', apparently that is prohibiting it from opening. What this error is I have no clue. I hope the computer lab can help me with this issue as well, because there's no way I'll be able to get my computer fixed by Thursday.

Lesson: Technology can be the greatest blessing in the world, but when it doesn't work, and you have a deadline to meet, one can feel pretty powerless.

No comments:

Post a Comment